HOW TO USE MIRRORS TO MAKE A ROOM BRIGHTER AND TO MAKE IT FEEL BIGGER
If you have a room in your home that is dark and that feels small then I’ve got the solution for you :
Mirrors are extremely useful when hung or propped up against the wall in the right places.
- If you want your mirror to have a shabby vibe to it then I suggest you buy a second hand one on Facebook’s Marketplace or Ebay, etc.
The ones that are beveled are usually more expensive but really have an added charm.
The older models are usually made of wood. I always paint my mirrors white that way they look even bigger and are even brighter.
Where to place your mirror
- On a wall opposite of a window. You’ll have double the light it’s and double whatever it is reflecting (flowers, trees,…)
- If you have a very tall window then place an equally tall mirror opposite to this window to really get the maximum benefit.
- Behind a lamp or chandelier.
- Face to face on opposite walls.
When mirrors are hung this way they give off the « infinity » effect. Try it and you’ll see. Your room will look even bigger.
- At the top of a staircase.
Staircases are usually tricky to style and usually a landing is like a dead end zone. When placing a mirror at the top, when you walk up the flight of stairs you’ll get the impression that there’s an extra room waiting for you 😊
Personnally I don’t think one can have too many mirrors.
If you’re hesitating, try placing a couple for a few days, and you’ll see, you won’t be able to live without them!
A bientôt mes Déco J’adore Décorateurs !