Spring has arrived and summer’s around the corner, that’s when we want to bring flowers inside!
If you don’t want to spend a lot of money and you don’t know how to make a flower arrangement like the pros yet, then I’ve got the solution for you.
Regroup your vases
- Search your cupboards and pick several vases, jars or bottles
- Clean them (I’ll give you a pro tip at the end for getting traces of limestone off)
- Choose a mix of colors or just one
- Arrange them by size, put the taller ones in the back, medium in the middle and the smaller ones in front
- Cut some flowers in your garden, in the woods (if you have any nearby) or pick a few flowers up at your local grocery store
- Fill your vases with water
> If you want to create some contrast then choose a vase or two that are brighter in color and add a few flowers that pop too.
> If you don’t have enough flowers, dont worry, use some greenery (ivy leaves, hosta, etc.)
> If you really want to add that extra dimension and fill the space up then add a plant (orchid etc.)
> To get your flower stem at the right height, place it next to the vase and cut the part that’s in excess, that’s lower than the bottom of the vase
> If you want to have that natural prairy style effect then don’t think it through too much.
Cut and prop into the vases.
– Place your vases or bottles (on a table, shelf, platter, plate, etc.),
– Sort them by size
– Sort your flowers by size, use the tall ones for the tall vases and bottles
– Put the flowers and leaves in the different vases
– Take a few steps back
– Rearrange one or two stems and voilà.
If you want to start out simple then buy a pre-assembled selection of bottles or vases.
This one had 5 small bottles inside of a wooden box. I found it at a garden show and bought 2 so I can make an extra-long flower arrangement for a table, etc.
In this case just cut all of your flowers more or less at the height.
Rub your vase with vinegar to get rid of traces of limestone
JUST HAVE FUN !
Make 2 or 3 arrangements and you’ll see that you’ll start getting the hang of it and won’t have to think too much to get the effect you want 😊
See you soon my Deco J’adore Decorators !